Breaking News: In the eve of the so-called "Ethiopian Election" TPLF/EPRDF regime sentences 7 oromo nationals to Death and lifelong imprisonment
According to reliable news coming from Oromia, 7 oromo nationals were sentenced to death and lifelong imprisonment by the brutal and dictatorial regime of Ethiopia. The sentence was passed on 20 May 2010, just 3 days before the election.
1. Mrs Dirribee Ittaanaa (Death sentence)
2. Mr Degu Ittaanaa (Death sentence)
3. Mrs Urgee Abebe (Death sentence)
4. Girma Raggaasaa (Lifelong imprisonment)
5. Endale Nagarii (10 years imprisonment)
6. Workinesh Duubee (2 years imprisonment and 2000 Ethiopian Birr financial penalty)
7. Daniel Jaalataa (a person who passed away) Death sentence
According to our information, Mrs Dirribee Ittaanaa and Mr Degu Ittaanaa are a sister and a brother, while Mrs Urgee Abebe and Girma Raggaasaa are a wife and husband. It has to be remembered that the the 3rd bench of the Federal High Court of Ethiopia, at a trial held on the 31st of March 2010, has imposed a death penalty on Mr. Mesfin Abebe and sentenced his fourteen co-defendants to prison terms that range from the shortest of ten years to life in prison, all without parole. We appeal to oromo communities abroad and international human rights organizations to raise the these issues and appeal to the international communities to save the life of these innocent oromo nationals.