Save the Oromo people (Appeal of Oromo Parlamentarians concerning the new wave of mass arrest of Oromos in Ethiopian empire)
Appeal of Oromo Parlamentarians
concerning the new wave of mass arrest of Oromos in Ethiopian empire
To The International Community
Human right organizations
All Concerned bodies
It is the high time for all the concerned body to interfere in the gross human right violation of Oromo from all walks of life and secure their constitutional freedom. As of 30/10/2008 the TPLF led Ethiopian government has put under unlawful detention more than 100 Oromo’s of different background in different cities of Oromiya including in the capital city under the notorious pretext of supporting the (OLF). The list we have yet received includes
1. Mr. Baqale Jirata ,General Secretary of (OFDM)Oromo Federalist Democratic Movement, Registered legal political Organization.
2. Mr. Ishetu Kitil, Owner of Hawwii Hotel
3. Mr. Asafa Dibaba, Lecturer of Afan Oromo at
4. Mrs.Lelise Wodajo, Wife of journalist Dhabessa Waqjira
5. Mr. Kebede Borena, Manager of Hilton Hotel , Addis Ababa
6. Mr. Dasta Kitili, Brother of Mr.Ishetu Kitili
7. Mr. Worqina, Teacher in Dambidollo school
8. Mr. Namoomsa Warqina, Teacher in Bakejama school
9. Mr. Geetahun, From Wollega University
10. Mr. Belay Korme, From Neqemte Hospital pharmacy
11. Mr. Kabade Bulti, Trader
12. Mr. Niguse Dhaba
13. Mr. Fiqadu Jalqaba, College student
14. Mr. Baqale Negeri
15. Mr. Dejene Dhaba, Trader
From Manasibu and Qiltu karra district the following Oromo’s were imprisoned for the same allegation
16. Mr. Qajela Abdata from Mandi town, member of OFDM imprisoned from 1997- 2003 and in 2005 and now for the third term.
17. Mr. Tokkon Mardasaa, Member of OFDM and imprisoned in 2005 , tortured to the level of disability and confiscated his property
18. Mr. Bulti Jalata, OFDM member imprisoned in 2005,tortured to the level of disability and confiscated his property.
This is only part of the list and the imprisonment is still going on in all Oromia Zones especially in Finfinne ( Addis Ababa ),Baddannoo, Burqaa, Kurfaa, Calle, Gurawwaan,Mettaa, Geedoo, Neqemte, Finca’a.
Accordingly we call up on International Community, European Parliament, European Commission, USA, AU, UK and the human right groups , Human Right Watch, International Red Cross, UNPO, UNHCR and all the concerned body to speak up on the injustice carried against the Oromo people for being Oromo alone by the government
Oomo Parliamentarians Council
Nov 8. / 2008