Widespread Detention of Prominent Oromos Resumed Again: At least 12 more Oromos Detained
(OLF News, Nov. 6, 2008) The TPLF/Wayyaanee government continued massive arrest of prominent Oromos in an attempt to kill the Oromo nationalist spirit. In addition to the renowned Oromos the government security forces have arrested in the last couple of days, OLF News has confirmed that, the following prominent Oromos have been taken from their homes and sent to detention centers.
Those Arrested From Finfinnee (Addis Ababa)
1. Mr, Asafa Dibaba a teacher of the Afan Oromo language from Finfinnee (Addis Ababa) university,
2. Mr, Kabbada Borana, the manager of Hilton Hotel,
3. Mr, Nugusee Dibaba, a known college student,
4. Mr, Fiqadu Jalqaba, a known college student,
5.Mr, Bakala Nagari, a business man,
6. Mr, Dajana Dhaba, a business man.
Those Arrested From Nekemte, Western Oromia
The following Oromos have been arrested from Western Oromia , Eastern Wollegga Zone, Nekemte town on 11/04/2008.
- Mr Dastaa Kitiil , brother of Isheetuu Kitil, owner of Hawi Hotel
- Mr Warqinaa, a teacher at Dallo school
- Mr Namoomsaa Warqinaa, a teacher at Bakkee Jamaa school
- Mr Geetahuun an employee of Wallagga University
- Mr Balayii Kormee a worker of Nekemte Hospital Pharmacy.
- Mr Kabbada Bultii, a business man.
Meanwhile the Wayyanee forces are repoted to have arrested several Oromo nationalists in Eastern Oromia, Eastern Harargee zone, Baddannoo, Burqaa, Kurfaa Callee, Gurawwa and Meettaa districts for allegedly supporting and giving food and information to the Oromo Liberation Army (OLA). Further more, in the eastern Wollegga zone of Fincaa district, at least two Oromos have been arrested.