Mass arrest of Oromo Professionals from Oromia Rural Roads Authority (ORRA).
The TPLF minority led ERPDF government is blindly harassing innocent professionals for their mere being OROMO. Recently on February 16, 2007 security agents detained more than 10 professionals from Oromia Rural Roads Authority (ORRA) with out any court order and took all of them to Maikelawi Central prison. Of those detained some are:
1. Engineer Abdissa Kumsa- Civil Engineer-Technical and Development Division Head of ORRA.
2. Engineer Ibsa Mohammed -Civil Engineer-Former Ilu Abba Bor Rural Roads Maintenance Manager, Currently Working at HQ of ORRA.
3. Engineer Belay Ginbo - Civil Engineer-Project Manager of Kula-Daraba.
4. Engineer Habtamu Alemu-Civil Engineer-Project Manager of Kombolcha-Dadu-Kawo.
5. Engineer Matwos Tamiru-Civil Engineer- North Shawa Zone Rural Roads Maintenance Manager.
6. Engineer Frew –Civil Engineer-Borana Zone Rural Roads Maintenance Manager.
7. Engineer Birhanu Sime-Engineer-Project Manager of Ogolcho-Meki.
8. Engineer Adugna Dheressa-Mechanical Engineer- Administration and Maintenance of Machineries of ORRA.
9. Engineer Mulugeta Dinka-Civil Engineer –Former General Manager of ORRA, currently General Manager of Oromia Urban Development Authority. He is OPDO Cabinet Member, suspended from duty due to unsubstantiated suspicion of relation to ORRA employees and OLF. His fate is most likely to face same harassment as those currently arrested and taken to prison.
10. Engineer Lamma Mosisa-Civil Engineer-from Adama Projects.
11. Mr Firdissa Yadata- Statistics Expert.
All of these professionals were arrested only for being Oromo, self confident professionals and mere allegation of supporting OLF. There is serious surveillance on remaining professionals and harassing innocent Oromo professionals continue an abetted.
As per the information delivered today, the prime informants for the brutal Wayyaane security forces are individuals promised high promotion from the regime to spy under guise of official duty in every office.
It was of recent memory that many of same the professionals were suffering prolonged imprisonment, forced exile and disappearance with out any trace.
Victory for Oromo and Oppressed People!
OLF Info Desk